Stonewall DFL holds several screening sessions each year, prioritizing races identified as strategically important to the caucus and overall DFL Party goals. Stonewall DFL members are encouraged to participate in our candidate screening sessions and be part of making our endorsement decisions. We make every effort to screen all DFL candidates in the same race on the same day with the same committee members. Candidate screenings are typically open to the public.
Please watch our website, Facebook group, or Facebook page for meeting dates.
On behalf of the Stonewall DFL caucus, we appreciate candidates' and members’ time and participation in our candidate endorsement process.
If you are a 2020 DFL or nonpartisan candidate seeking endorsement, please follow the steps outlined below:
- Complete the appropriate questionnaire form for the office you are seeking. This is the primary component for considering an endorsement.
- The Political Support Committee will review questionnaires and will contact candidates with an expected timeline for screening and endorsement if not yet announced or invited.
- Meet with the Political Support Committee for an in-person interview if invited. This will be 20-25 minutes per interview, also known as a screening. The committee will prioritize screening in races specifically identified as strategically important. Interviews may be waived in certain cases.
- The Political Support Committee will deliberate and vote on a recommendation to the full Stonewall DFL Board of Directors.
- The Stonewall DFL Board of Directors will vote on endorsement to ratify the recommendations of the Political Support committee. This vote will occur at the next regularly scheduled board meeting, but may be made sooner in certain cases.
- All endorsements require a majority recommendation from the committee and 60% to be approved by the Board of Directors. Candidate ratings in lieu of an endorsement require a majority recommendation and majority approval by the Board.
If at any point in the process you have questions, please contact the Stonewall DFL Political Director, Maddie Pavek at firstname.lastname@example.org.
All completed questionnaires will be kept on record for the Stonewall DFL Membership and Board of Directors.
The caucus will prioritize endorsement consideration in races it has identified as strategically important. If we are considering endorsement in a contested race for DFL endorsement, we will attempt to invite all declared DFL candidates.
When you submit a questionnaire, we will contact you with the expected timeline for endorsement.
Please note the Congressional questionnaire is not currently open.
- Congressional (Federal)
- Minnesota Constitutional Officers / Minnesota Legislature
- City & County
- School Board